Where are we?


View Where are we? in a larger map

Friday, January 28, 2011

Banged up Abroad

It was bound to happen after travelling for 6 months. We only wish we could say that the injury happened after zooming along a path on a scooter, hitting a patch of loose gravel, falling, and skinning my knee. But alas, again a seemingly pathetic story is behind my (Leigh's) newest war-wound. Its amazing to think that a scooter - parked and turned off no less - could do so much damage. While Jarret was off snapping a picture of the gorgeous sand dunes, I was waiting on the bike, the bike leaned and off I went skidding across the gravel with the bike landing on top! At least the fiasco happened in the middle of nowhere so that no one could hear the scream, see the blood dripping down my leg, or see the dirt caked on my front! Everything was fine in the end and we had a good laugh over the incident. Maybe, just maybe, I will be left with a scar that one day I can show grandchildren and tell them stories about my travels. Until then this will go in the file with the toe broken by the elephant as another story that needs to be embelished a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No English? No problem, just translate us!!